If you are a travel lover and adventurer, you probably like to leave the usual routes and looking to discover new places.
We have created a list of the best destinations in Europe that we are sure you would love to visit. Prepare your suitcase because now will go for a short virtual journey and discover Europe.
Together we’ll see all interesting countries around the old continent- from the great metropolises to charming unknown places, so you can choose later on where to go first on your next trip.
Best Places to visit in Europe:
All countries in Europe have beautiful places to see and we don’t have particular preferences. When we were compiling our travel list for the top destinations in Europe we had serious difficulties where to start from. For this reason, we decided to go not by alphabet, but randomly.
What you need to know when traveling to Latvia
Latvia is another of the European jewels hidden in the Baltic region. A country that due to its position has had influence in past eras of Russia and Nordic countries, but has also developed cities as peculiar styles as Art Nouveau . Half of the country is covered by forests and has very inspiring landscapes, coastal and lush vegetation. On your trip to Latvia, there will be no shortage of castles and classic buildings ‘stately’. Many surprises await you!
Best time to travel to Latvia
The best time to travel to Latvia is in spring or summer, between the months of April and September . The climate is pleasant, there is a good atmosphere and many outdoor activities and tourist and cultural points. While it is true that you can travel to Latvia at any time of the year, according to your interests and your type of trip. Check our website to know in more detail when traveling to Latvia.
What to see and what to do in Latvia?
Places to visit
From palaces to castles, the historical and cultural wealth of Latvia is very extensive. The country is also characterized by lush vegetation, reflected in each of its national parks and around interesting cities. These are some places to see in Latvia:
- Riga : the beauty of the capital is a mix between aesthetics of medieval past and Art Nouveau architecture. Stroll through the old town and the streets, getting lost in corners, squares and churches. Visit the Orthodox Cathedral with its beautiful architecture, the central market and its environment, as well as the Los Tres Hermanos building. Do not forget to climb the bell tower of the church of San Pedro to have the best views of the city.
- Jurmala : the beach of Latvia , not far from the capital. It is a good coastal city to relax, both in the sea and in spas with thermal treatments. The sandy coast is really extensive, and the old wooden houses around give a very special touch to the city.
- Sigulda : a small town located on the banks of the Gauja River, very close to the national park of the same name. They call it ‘the Switzerland of Latvia’ because its enclave is in the heart of the lush forest, a perfect place for outdoor activities such as hiking. In winter you can enjoy the largest ski resort in the country, but certainly something that can not be missed during your visit are the three medieval castles and the ‘cave of the lovers’ of the 17th century.
- Cesis: one of the oldest towns in the country, which retains all its essence reflected in the cobbled streets, traditional wooden houses and ancient lanterns giving light throughout the city. Other attractions of the place is the medieval castle of the thirteenth century, and the new castle of Cesis.
What to do?
- Explore the Gauja National Park with hiking trails , and spot wild flora and fauna.
- Take the cable car of Sigulda aa Krimulda to have the best views of the Gauja river gorge.
- Bird watching at Cape Kolka , a beach where the Gulf of Riga and the waters of the Baltic Sea collide.
- The Rundale Palace is one of the many palaces to visit in Estonia, of Baroque and Rococo style, of great beauty on the outside and inside.
What you need to know when traveling to Lithuania
Lithuania has a unique medieval legacy, reflected in its hidden cities and towns, full of monuments and very special architectural styles. On your trip to Lithuania, you will also discover a surprising nature, from green valleys to almost desert areas next to the sea.
Best time to travel to Lithuania
The best time to travel to Lithuania is in spring or summer (between the end of April and the beginning of October) as the temperatures are more pleasant, although it is also high season. However there is no problem in visiting Lithuania at any time of the year, you will find different landscapes, such as snow or fall colors. Check our website to know in more detail when traveling to Lithuania.
What to see and what to do in Lithuania?
Places to visit
A small country to the north full of magical places. Cities with great cultural and historical richness, architecture with medieval past and natural surreal landscapes. On the shores of the Baltic Sea and composed of natural environments of beauty, these are some places to see in Lithuania:
- Vilnius : capital and with a beautiful historical center, you will be fascinated by the peculiar red roofs, baroque architecture and the amount of Orthodox churches that are in the city. Lose yourself in its alleys and enjoy magical corners like the ‘street of literature’, or the Jewish quarter that used to give the name to the capital of ‘Jerusalem of the North’.
- Trakai : a lovely little town, known especially for the medieval red brick castle that ‘floats’ on the great blue lake. In addition to this essential visit, travel through the city where calm reigns, and take a walk through the nature that surrounds the entire area.
- Kaunas : modern and traditional, this peculiar Lithuanian city has undoubtedly a lot of personality. The streets are full of atmosphere and there are many cultural plans throughout the year. One of the most emblematic points of the city is the Kaunas Castle.
- Druskininkai: spa town in the south of Lithuania. It is the perfect place to relax, between hot springs and lush forests. Near the city you can find the park of Grūtas, which has a ‘strange museum’ that tells the hardness of the Soviet era, from a historical and comical prism.
What to do?
- Visit the Hill of the Crosses , without doubt one of the most curious places in the country. On a hill, crosses and sculptures of different types are piled up, as a symbol of faith and place of worship.
- One of the most surreal landscapes of Lithuania you will find in the Curonian Spit , a narrow and long strip of land between Lake Curlandia and the Baltic Sea. You can go along both fine sand beaches and rocky coast.
- Explore different Lithuanian cities , such as Klaipeda, a city of German culture and various cultural festivals.
- Climb up to the mythical Gediminas Tower in Vilnius , which was part of an old castle, and you will have the best views of the entire capital.
What you need to know when traveling to Poland
When you travel to Poland you will discover a face of authentic Europe, which still retains simple traditions and lifestyles. But also some modern cities at the same time that bathed by past stories and other more recent ones. Poland also stands out for the number of historical monuments and places of interest registered in Unesco. You will discover charming villages of medieval style and interesting artistic panoramas. Undoubtedly a very cultural destination to discover.
Best time to travel to Poland
The best time to travel to Poland is from May to October, mainly because of the weather. On the other hand, the cities during the winter are very beautiful because of the snow and the Christmas decoration. If you want to avoid the big crowds of tourists, the best time is spring or autumn. Check our website for more detailed information on when to travel to Poland.
What to see and what to do in Poland?
Places to visit
Poland is a country with a great cultural and historical richness and this is reflected in its cities and surroundings. The architectural style, celebrities that have seen the country born as Chopin or Copernicus, medieval ancient helmets or historical monuments, are just some of the details that show that it is a country with much to offer. These are some places to see in Poland:
- Warsaw : the Polish capital was completely destroyed during the Second World War, making it a fairly new city. After the war, Warsaw rose from the ashes and today the colors of its buildings look prettier than ever.
- Krakow : ancient capital and one of the most beautiful cities in the country, full of charm and with one of the most beautiful squares in Eastern Europe, the Market Square. Visit the Basilica of Santa Maria and its trumpet melody every half hour, the hill of Wawel to know the origins of the city through legends, and the oldest side of the city through the Florian Gate and the Barbican fortification.
- Gdansk : coastal city on the shores of the Baltic Sea. You can feel the greatness of its past, when it was one of the most important ports. Enjoy its ancient alleys and colorful houses along the canal, and admire the famous medieval Crane, symbol of the city, which was the largest in Europe at the time.
- Toruń: on the banks of the Vistula lies this city of Gothic aesthetics. It is a quiet city but with a lot of atmosphere, and with historical and cultural places such as the house of Nicolás Copernico and the Plaza Mayor, medieval and well preserved.
What to do?
- Visit the Wieliczka salt mine in Krakow, the only salt mine in the world that has been active since the Middle Ages.
- Enjoy the Tatras mountains in the Zakopane village, where you can practice winter sports such as skiing or hiking with its beautiful landscapes in the background.
- Discover Polish cities , cultural and historical, full of beautiful monuments, such as in Poznan (first capital of the country), or the artistic Wroclaw.
- Enter the black history of the country in the concentration camp of Auschwitz-Birkenau , and the culture and Jewish past visiting the old ghettos, the Museum of the Factory of Oscar Schindler, bunkers and synagogues.
- Get to know the Gothic red brick castle of Malbork , of great beauty and well preserved, both outside and inside
- Explore the Białowieża National Park, one of the last primary forests of the European continent and the only place where the European bison lives in freedom.
- Visit Częstochowa, a city appreciated by Christians and for its relic of the Black Madonna.