Have you ever heard of a packing list, travel checklist or vacation packing list? Planning a holiday trip seems to be easy, but it can be challenging and a pain in the neck sometimes.
Have you got your tickets and credit card, and have you reserved a hotel? How about the transfer from the airport? Have you got sun cream and suitable clothing in your suitcase? Not sure?
Then I think it will be useful for you to have a look at my travel checklist, which is one of the holiday essentials and see why I use it every time when I plan a journey.
My packing list for Holidays
You want to make sure your holiday is absolutely perfect but with so many things to think about, arranging it can be very stressful. Planning and preparing for a journey is time-consuming and can be even annoying at times. It’s far too easy the stress of pre-holiday arrangements to ruin your excitement from the upcoming trip.
To avoid stress with the preparations related to vacations and traveling I came up once with an idea.
I took a list of paper and started to write down all the essential items I noticed my family needs every single vacation. The list got larger after time and while at the beginning was used for the spring and summer holidays only, nowadays is more generic.
My packing list consists of all the travel essentials my family needs during a journey or vacation, wherever we go. I took my time and prepared printouts of my packing list, so if you find it useful, feel free and utilize it for your trip.
As you’ll see the checklist has the following categories: Documents and Valuables, Health-related, Clothing, Footwear, Accessories, Personal Items and Gadgets, Cosmetics and Toiletries, Miscellaneous and Outdoors. I have added an additional section for families with Babies and Toddlers because I found it to be very practical.
So, let’s check it out!
Documents and Valuables
- Personal documents (Passports, ID, Driving licenses, Visas)
- Health Insurance documents (copy, e-copy)
- Travel Insurance documents (copy, e-copy)
- Prescription medications (original, copy)
- Other documents (copies)
- Tickets, transport (Airplane Tickets, Trains Tickets, Buses Tickets)
- Other tickets, transport (Cruise, Ferry, etc.)
- General info, transport (Travel Schedule/Itinerary)
- Accommodation Reservations, info (Hotels/Accommodation/others)
- Tickets Reservations, info (Flights, Car Rentals)
- Reservations, info (Tours/Excursions)
- Loyalty/Member cards (Frequent customer)
- Money, valuables (Credit and Debit cards/Cash/Currency/Cheques)
- Personal items (Wallets, Purses)
- Keys (Car, House, others)
- Vitamins, Supplements, Medicines, Medications
- Others (travel sickness, headache, indigestion, diarrhea, pain relief)
- First Aid Kit, Band-Aids, Thermometer
- Heating/Thermo pads, Cold packs/pads, Thermo blanket
- Sunscreen, Bug Spray/Insect repellents
- Contact solution (Contact Lenses)
- Underwear, Shapewear
- Socks, Stockings, Opaque Tights, Hosiery
- Bras, Undershirts, T-shirts
- Casual Shirts, Dress shirts
- Shorts, Short-pants, Pants, Trousers, Jeans
- Exercise clothing
- Dresses, Dress Attire, Ties, Bowties
- Pajamas / Pyjamas
- Sweatshirts, Sweaters
- Jackets, Coats, Raincoats, Windbreakers
- Sneakers, Flats
- Sandals, Flip-flops
- Heels, Dress shoes / Court shoes, Pumps(Nude pumps)
- Other/Specialized footwear
- Sunglasses, Prescription Glasses, Contact lenses
- Umbrellas, Scarves, Hats
- Clutch bags, Purse
- Belts, Chain-link
Personal Items and Gadgets
- Travel neck pillow, Earplugs, Travel blanket
- Travel charger, Extra/mobile battery
- Phones, Tablets, Laptops, e-books
- Chargers, Adapters, Power Cords, Solar chargers
- Dictionaries, Translators, Phrasebooks
- Guides, Travel Maps, GPS
- Reading, Books, Magazines
- Games, Consoles, Playing cards
- MP3 players, Headphones, Earbuds, Speakers
- Video cameras, Photo cameras
- Batteries, Flashlights, Bedlight/Nightlight
- USB Memory cards, HDDs
- Watches, Smart Watches, Travel alarm clock
Cosmetics and Toiletries
- Toothpaste, Toothbrushes, Mouth rinse, Dental Floss
- Soap, Soap case, Body Wash, Shampoo, Conditioners, Sponge
- Cotton buds, Cotton swabs, Q-tips
- Lotions, Creams, Cleansers, Hair products
- Scissors, Tweezers
- Nail Care Kit (Nail clippers, Nail file, Emery board), Nail Care products
- Brush, Comb, Hair Dryer, Hair Straightener
- Deodorants, Perfumes, Colognes, Splash-on
- Lipsticks, Lip balm, Make-Up, Hair Ties/Clips
- Razors, Shaving cream/foam, Shaver
- Feminine products, Wet wipes, Toilet tissue, Towelettes
- Mini sewing repair kit
- Bath Towels, Clothes line
- Food, Snacks, Bottled water, Juice, Soft Drinks, Candies, Gum
- Car window shades
- Extra luggage (Foldable/Expandable), Beach Bag, Backpacks
- Pens, Pencils, Notebooks
- Hats, Headbands, Towels
- Summer gear, Beach gear
- Gloves, Hats, Scarfs
- Swimsuits, Swim cover-up, Swimming trunks
- Winter gear, Snow Gear
When traveling with Babies and Toddlers
- Milk, Snacks, Water
- Pacifiers, Teething toys, Toys, Swim floaties
- Bottles, Sippy cups, Sippy bowls/plates, Utensils
- Bibs, Burp cloths, Diapers, Pull-ups, Swim Diapers
- Wipes, Sanitizer, Changing pad, Disposable bags
- Portable potty, Bathtub, Bath toys
- Hand soap, Dish soap, Sponge, Towels
- Diaper cream, Lotion, Diaper powder
- Stroller, Car seat, Collapsible stool, Baby carrier
- Formula milk, Water, Breast pump, Bottlebrush, Ice packs, Cooler
- Medicines, EpiPen, Tylenol, Nose aspirator
- Blanket, Sleepsack, Bassinet/Sheet, Bouncy seat, Boppy pillow, Bedding
- Story Books, Books, Journals, Games
And here is the printable version of my personal holiday checklist :
Pack for travel Just like a Pro
Having a holiday packing list ready to print and use can be very handy when planning a journey.
I use a travel checklist list every time when I go on vacation because it saves me time and makes all preparations easier, hence – less stressful.
You can utilize the printout above or make your own holiday packing list. Then you can use it and make all your trips awesome as mine.
Have a Great Trip!